FragsAway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FragsAway is a Xbox360 ProMod site, please feel free to sign up and get involved!.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ultimate Headset Thread

Go down 
+14
MrJordzy
TLR
kLASH
qurzeK9
Enzu?
hYdrOxzU #1
Tufl
Steraliser
1up
rN:
rawry
lewzeh
cu6ed
Vaalid
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaalid
New to the forum
Vaalid

Gamertag Gamertag : Vaalid

The Ultimate Headset Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Note - I will add headsets as I go, cba doing every possible gaming headset in one go. If you comment a headset you feel should be included, i'll include it.

I posted one of these on cod4pro like a year and a half ago and loads of people found it helpful and it got stickied, so i'll do it again Very Happy These aren't particularly detailed reviews, more just general summarys and a thread to actually show you what headsets are available. I only ever hear about turtle beaches so maybe people will find the perfect headset they never knew existed?

Turtle Beach EarForce XLC's;
The Ultimate Headset Thread 41WdWvYEF-L._SL500_AA300_

These can be picked up for around £20 new so are by FAR the cheapest headset. If you're on a tight budget these are your primary option. You should buy these if you're a casual gamer/cant have your TV up loud. They are not a competitive level headset but you can still use them to hear people you probably wouldn't have previously.

On a competitive level I give these a 5/10

Turtle Beach X1's;
The Ultimate Headset Thread 414h%2BRe3a7L._SL500_AA300_

The classic gaming headset. Everyone has owned a pair of these. Reliable, good quality and affordable. I would recommend these as I have personal experience with them and can honestly say they've never let me down. No problems with locating enemies at the just the slightest movement. However I have had complaints from people that you cannot hear people as far away as you can with other more expensive headsets. These only have 2.1 surround sound as opposed to 5.1 so that's why. These retail at around £40.

On a competitive level I give these a 6/10

Sharkoon X-Tactics;
The Ultimate Headset Thread 21FAif7QeLL._SL500_AA300_

The first 5.1 Surround sound headset on the list, this is a serious headset. Will not let you down at a competitive level as the 5.1 will allow you to locate enemies far more specifically then with the 2.1 headsets and also a lot further away. I have limited personal knowledge of these as I actually don't know a single player who uses them but from reviews i've been looking in to it seems you can control all speakers simultaneously OR spereately, which is an interesting feature. The only con I can see with these is the price, about £110 new which is a lot of money so you have to be serious about gaming to pick up a set of these.

On a competitive level I give these an 8/10

Tritton AX180;

The Ultimate Headset Thread 31GkvIE8SzL._SL500_AA300_

In my opinion this is the sexiest headset out of them all. These perform well (Comparable to x1's) and are priced very reasonably at about £45. They are overshadowed by their big brother the ax720's though as they don't have 5.1 surround but these are an option for people who want a sexier headset than the x1's with a slightly better build quality (Apparently).

On a competitive level I give these a 6/10

Tritton AX720;
The Ultimate Headset Thread 41NDdkdmh0L._SL500_AA300_

The bigger brother to the AX180's, these have the 5.1 surround sound that is essential if you're a serious competitive player. I've actually seen these retail at £100 so they are very reasonably priced, the cheapest 5.1 headset I can think of anyway. According to various reviews i've read these have a better sound quality to their turtle beach counterparts but have a lesser chat functionality. I know that everyone on this site would prefer perfect game sound than some fancy chat features though.

On a competitive level i give these a 9/10

Turtle Beach X41's
The Ultimate Headset Thread 415rMOrvRUL._SL500_AA300_

Out of the headsets listed these probably have the best sound quality, 5.1 surround sound and amazing reviews on their performance. They retails for about £130 and in my opinion this is very unreasonable. They have faults in them that the manufacturer is aware of but hasn't fixed. The x41's use the same frequency as a lot of modems (Including the xbox modem) so when using the wireless there can be a lot of interference. The chat cable is also not the right size apparently and falls out very easily and plays back a lot of static through the headset and to other players.

On a competitive level I give these a 7/10 (High sound quality but stupid issues, says a lot about turtle beach if they are happy to ship products they know are faulty to their customers)
Back to top Go down
cu6ed
I love posting!
cu6ed

Gamertag Gamertag : cu6ed

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:45 am

I'll stick with my x1's haha
Back to top Go down
lewzeh
New to the forum

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:59 am

x11's all the way Smile
Back to top Go down
rawry
ProMod regular
rawry

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:26 am

350 pros?
Back to top Go down
cu6ed
I love posting!
cu6ed

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 am

Thats what you have? Sennheisers?..
Back to top Go down
rN:
Posted a few times
rN:

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:02 am

steelseries siberia <3
Back to top Go down
rawry
ProMod regular
rawry

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:20 am

P'LAX wrote:
Thats what you have? Sennheisers?..

lol no. i wish.

tb :/
Back to top Go down
cu6ed
I love posting!
cu6ed

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:01 am

I was going to get steelseries like last year but they aint all that on xbox, made for pc.
Back to top Go down
1up
ProMod regular
1up

Gamertag Gamertag : H1NES

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:26 am

my headset needs posting steelseries spectrum 5xb
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.CRAFTICREATIONS.CO.UK
Steraliser
I love posting!

Gamertag Gamertag : Steraliser

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:24 pm

What about AX PRO's....

There amazing Razz

but tbh i advise not to get them they break soooo easy x11's are probley overall the best in price etc.
Back to top Go down
Tufl
Posted a few times
Tufl

Gamertag Gamertag : Tufl

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 pm

x11's all the way, they are a strong headset and pretty unlikely to brake.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/aClarkeProductions
Steraliser
I love posting!

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:47 pm

yeh they give amazing sound and cheap so if they break yeh easy enough to get another rather than astro's etc
Back to top Go down
Tufl
Posted a few times
Tufl

Gamertag Gamertag : Tufl

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:54 pm

They are good if your tight on budget ect, but if your cool with the money hah buy astros! by far the best headset!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/aClarkeProductions
Steraliser
I love posting!

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 am

Noo astro's to over rated
Back to top Go down
hYdrOxzU #1
New to the forum
hYdrOxzU #1

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:25 pm

Ive got.. 2pairs of Turtlebeach X1's
1 pair of Astro's in white
1 pair of steelseries siberia's in white
2 Astro mixamps
used to have tritton axpro's but they sucked diag, so I sold them

(EDIT) tbh astros are the best headset for xbox, for pc its siberias
Back to top Go down
Enzu?
I love posting!
Enzu?

Gamertag Gamertag : Neewtn

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Steraliser wrote:
Noo astro's to over rated

What are you talking about, Astro's > everything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/neewtn
qurzeK9
New to the forum

Gamertag Gamertag : ClaYdoHH

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:45 pm

1.) Hedsets Dont Have Enough Drivers In

2.) Get HeadPhones And Make Your Own Mix

3.) If Anything Wait For Febuary And Get Razer's new Xbox Gaming HeadPhones!
Back to top Go down
http://QurzeGaming.co.uk
kLASH
New to the forum
kLASH

Gamertag Gamertag : inF kLASH

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:25 pm

I have:

1 SteelSeries Siberia v2 (Orange)
1 Astro A40 Black
1 QPAD QH-1339

I use all of them with my Astro MixAmp

For pc the best are qpad and for xbox astros
most of the times i use siberia for music or when i can't find the other 2 headsets :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.infernoesports.com
TLR
Posted a few times
TLR

Gamertag Gamertag : TL3R

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:41 pm

i have x720 (:
Back to top Go down
MrJordzy
ProMod regular
MrJordzy

Gamertag Gamertag : Mr Jordzy

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:43 am

X31's FTW Smile
Back to top Go down
mrots
ProMod regular

Gamertag Gamertag : Storm MMJ

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:31 pm

x 11's with a mix amp or pre order the Razer chimaera's best headsets on pc by far and they moving to console as k9 said in feb and headset is quite cheap i seen them for around 89 euros
Back to top Go down
VW
ProMod regular
VW

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:05 pm

i use A30s + mixamp there lovely.
Back to top Go down
sovyit
ProMod regular
sovyit

Gamertag Gamertag : sovyit

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Siberia v2's for PC
Astros for Xbox <3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/IMIeLoDieZ
lunar
New to the forum

Gamertag Gamertag : Asperity Lunar

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:50 am

The Ultimate Headset Thread 31960

Hello bad boys :>
Back to top Go down
cu6ed
I love posting!
cu6ed

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:54 am

New Razer headset (xbox360)

Link^

The controller looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Headset Thread   The Ultimate Headset Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Headset Thread
Page 1 of 1